Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Israel: Arrival

We left the United States April 1 and arrived in Israel late on April 2.  Apparently my bag enjoyed our connection city of Paris immensely as it decided to stay there while we went on to Israel.  So, that was an interesting start to our 4 month journey.  I was just glad it was my bag and not some of the more important bags (ie stuff for the work we are doing in Kenya & Tanzania).

Spent the night in Tel Aviv and headed up to Netanya to check in to our 'tour' hotel (we are starting this part of the journey with a tour that runs through April 11).  Very glad we came in a day early as jet lag really hit us today, but we were able to fight through it & stay up until the evening hours.  We are in a hotel that is right on the Mediterranean Sea...


Lovely ladies...


Funny sign.  Check out the house IN the water in the background.  Interesting...


Cool picture (V was in a production of Fiddler on the Roof last year, thus the picture)....


AJ learned what happens when you throw sand at your sisters while they are sitting at the beach.  He was a good sport about it....


And, yes, my bag came back to me...


6am wake up call and a long day tomorrow visiting Caesarea, Mt. Carmel, and Nazareth.

Til then, God Bless...

3 comments:

  1. What an incredible trip it will be! Great to hear you got your bag so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. I too miss being in Israel. It was 1999 for me and I cannot wait to return. God bless and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! It is so nice to hear from you! Say hi to your family!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are part of what makes the blog special so please leave one! If you are unable to then email me and will post for you.