Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Hayleigh: Homecoming

Exactly one month after almost saying goodbye to our Hayleigh from this life, we welcomed her back home today....

Our First Picture Together as a Family
Thank you SO MUCH for your prayers.  Thank you for all who have helped our family over the past month in big ways and small.  Thank you for the meals, for the many hospital visits, and for opening your homes to our children.  Thank you for the notes of encouragement, the gifts, the donations to the girls' Kenya shoe project, the registrations to the bone marrow registry, and thank you for the cards.

Thank you as well for emails like the one below...for sharing with us what our journey has meant to you...

====================

I get CS Lewis "readings" each day - he is one of my favorite authors.  When I read this I thought of you.  

In the following passage, the children learn they will not be returning to Narnia again and "there" is England.

“It isn’t Narnia, you know,” sobbed Lucy. “It’s you. We shan’t meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?”
“But you shall meet me, dear one,” said Aslan.
“Are—are you there too, Sir?” said Edmund.
“I am,” said Aslan. “But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

From The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Reading this you came to mind and I was not sure why... then as I reflected I felt that during this time the "Scott family's Narnia" you have introduced people to Jesus who would not have heard about him.   As you've opened the door to your family, you brought people into "Narnia" and we have once again come face-to-face with Aslan.

As your family and we return to normal life, we and you will know him better "...That is the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there."  My prayer is our MTG group and all people touched by Hayleigh's adventure, will learn to know him "...by that name."  


====================

I named this blog 'The Journey' back in February and explained its purpose in the first post (link opens in separate window).

There are one or two more posts I intend to write about Hayleigh's story.  There was a wonderful surprise reunion with her classmates today and some beautiful moments at the hospital.  But I felt this particular post was supposed to be simple and direct and so that is how I will leave it.

One Request

If you have shared Hayleigh's story with anyone, please take a moment and send them this message.  I know there are many who we will never know who prayed for Hayleigh or sent positive thoughts her way in the days around October 5 when we didn't know that today's joyous Homecoming would be the result.  I'd like those wonderful people to know what happened.  So, please....however and whoever you sent this story to, send it one more time.

The Blog

Finally, I don't know exactly what I will be doing with this blog.  I've received a few notes encouraging me to continue to write.  My inclination is to leave it alone after the next couple of posts about our journey with Hayleigh, but maybe God has some other plans.  If you think I should keep writing, send an email to

EmailTheJourneyBlog@gmail.com

I'll take my que from the response and interest.

Finally, The Greatest Thanks....

Psalm 145: 1-3

I will extol You, my God, O King;
And I will bless Your name forever and ever.
Every day I will bless You,
And I will praise Your name forever and ever.
Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised;
And His greatness is unsearchable.

We thank God for this day and each day.  In all things, both good and seemingly not so good we glorify Him.

God bless,

Andrew
EmailTheJourneyBlog@gmail.com

Previous Post (includes many 'thank yous' to caregivers):
http://tsfga.blogspot.com/2013/11/hayleigh-out-of-icu.html

21 comments:

  1. Such wonderful, WONDERFUL news! I'm sure Hayleigh is really happy to be home, too! After having computer trouble earlier this evening, I decided to turn it back on just now (almost midnight) and boy, am I glad I did!!! Even before I read anything other than the heading and seeing the picture, I forwarded it to a bunch of my friends who have been praying for Hayleigh and y'all's family (including in the ladies' Bible class at a friend's house where I go every Tuesday morning). Prayer surely works, and through the hands of what are obviously some fantastic doctors and medical staff! Love to all - and continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such exciting news!!! So wonderful to see Hayleigh happy and healthy and HOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The news has truly warmed our hearts. Praise God! Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news! So glad she is home again.

    Blessings,
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know you. And you don't know me.

    Even so, I am happy we all have experienced these emotions with you over the past weeks even if those of us who may not share a familial friendship, are not fully aware of each other..

    Our sorrow allows us to reflect and appreciate and understand our happiness. Our happiness helps us to appreciate and understand our sorrow ... our growth.

    Be well and enjoy the journey.
    Gare

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay hayleigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and P.S i think it would be really cool if you continued.
    <3 Sarah <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy to hear that Hayleigh is home and how lucky am I that i get to deliver dinner tonight! :) It would mean a lot to me to meet you in person, Andrew, and to see Hayleigh if possible. It's a wonderful blog and I enjoy reading it. Your family finds meaning and brings meaning to every experience and it makes me want to and learn how to live life more deliberately. I hope you keep writing. ~ Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  8. me too Sarah...
    Cactus Bob

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome Home, Hayleigh. My prayers and daily thoughts will continue for the whole family. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome Home Hayleigh!!!! How wonderful to see you back with your beautiful family. Wishing you continued strength as you make your way back into your daily rituals. Thank you Andrew for always keeping us in the loop.
    With love and hugs,
    Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a welcome thing to share with us!! It is so refreshing and encouraging to see Hayleigh at home, getting healthy, smiling that smile AND with her entire family!!!! Thank the Lord for all the wonderful folks at the hospitals but no one can replace family at this point!
    Bless you guys! Have the most meaningful and bless holiday season of all time!!!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome home Hayleigh! And congrats to the entire Scott family. You are beautiful on the inside and in out.

    Thank you for sharing your amazing physical and spiritual journey. You have impacted us greatly.

    Continued blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We praise God with you that Hayleigh is home with her family at last. We well know how it is to have a child at death's door and welcome him home again. We rejoice with you and send our love to Hayleigh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We serve an awesome God! He has answered our prayers and lifted our faith in Him. All in Missions of Hope have been praying and we praise God for His divine healing power. God bless you all and continue to experience His faithfulness as you know Him more in the joy of His service!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So incredibly glad to see this post! Hayleigh, you and your family are so loved and I wish you a continued recovery, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Andrew, your family's getting so big, they've pushed you off the couch, man! :)

    Much love to all of you, reunited! Such a blessing for us to see.

    Love,
    Mel~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome home, Hayleigh and the entire Scott family! That Homecoming picture filled with such extraordinary energy and radiant joy says it all. Wow!

    Andrew, I am excited to see where the rest of this journey takes you personally. Given the extraordinary person that you are, your unwavering faith, and your ability to connect and reach millions of people all over the world, the possibilities are endless. Many have been touched by your writing from the soul; wait until they have the opportunity to hear you speak!! :)

    Our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you, Hayleigh, and the ever expanding Scott family (Rachel looks GREAT and Baby Isaiah looks very much at home with his brother and sisters).

    Love,
    Linda McCoy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Then sings my soul how great thou art, my God!

    ReplyDelete
  19. He is worthy to be praised! He has done it all. Thank you so much Andrew for sharing as much as you did. Although it was hard times to you, it was also a moment that leadeth all of us into knowing the faithfulness of God! I FEEL SOMETHING SPECIAL IN YOUR FAMILY!

    I just have to remind you one thing, "I ENJOYED HAVING MET WITH YOUR FAMILY HERE IN TANZANIA, (ARUSHA-KARATU). THE GIRL AND HER FAMILY PRAY FOR ALL OF YOU THERE!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Praise God! Thank you so much Scott Family for allowing us to be a part of this magnificent journey. Thank God for the miracle that He has done not only in Hayleigh's life but all of our lives as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome home Hayleigh! There are some things in this life that teach us how special this life here on earth is. This is one of those times. We have witnessed examples of God's tremendous love, His overwhelming wisdom, and His tender mercy. I personally came to love the Scotts as we served together in El Salvador. It is a time I hold very dear to my heart. I am SO happy to see you reunited. With much love,Richie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are part of what makes the blog special so please leave one! If you are unable to then email me and will post for you.